Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Potty potty potty

Yesterday I walked by a certain Portolet, which I'd managed to walk by about 15,000 times without noticing what I noticed yesterday.

portoletThis Portolet is on someone's treelawn a few blocks from our house. It's been there for quite a long time (thus my 15,000 walkings-by) and is probably there on account of all the construction on that block.

It's a pretty standard-looking Portolet. It's electric blue and brown, with a peaked, translucent roof. Like most other things in this part of town, it's decorated with a smattering of completely illegible graffiti.

So, no, nothing seemed immediately unusual about this Portolet. But upon closer inspection, I found a most mysterious specification printed upon its label:

CAPACITY: 10 PEOPLE.

Assuming they are not clowns, how do you fit ten people in a Portolet?

It's a potty emergency!Well, I suppose that when you gotta go, you gotta go.

Either that, or what the label should say is

CAPACITY: What comes out of 10 people.

No comments: