Thursday, November 17, 2005

Truth in advertising

I will be the first to admit that I am a people-watcher. I like people. People are funny creatures. Not only that, they keep us mental health provider types in business. I take the train (and sometimes some buses) to and from work, so I get to watch a lot of people during my commute.

Yesterday morning I observed a young woman sleeping quite soundly on the train. This is not so unusual; in fact I'd like to learn how to sleep on the train, without missing my stop. What made this sleeping woman unusual was that she was holding an open energy-drink can.

Also in the "people are funny creatures" category is pile of bumper stickers I saw in an ecology products store. These bumper stickers looked more or less like this:

WE WILL STOP FIGHTING WARS OVER OIL
WHEN PEOPLE STOP DRIVING CARS.


I hope one must show a valid registration for an electric car in order to buy this bumper sticker.

No comments: